If your school is fortunate enough to be rolling out a 1:1 iPad or Chromebook program, a Chromebook-compatible Appazur Progressive Web App (PWA) is a great way to enhance it! Chromebooks and iPads are app-centric, and that means your students aren’t likely to be browsing the school website for information.
A school app, on the other hand, can put your school brand at the top of their app list, and provide a single place to find:
- Important dates
- School, class and club news
- Class websites
- Teacher emails
- School policies
- and more…
With the optional Digital Hall Pass feature, the tablet is your hall pass!
And as a digital planner/agenda, the app can also be used to:
- Keep track of homework
- Take notes
- Remember personal appointments
Shares Data with Personal Devices
Students can use the app on their personal iOS or Android device as well for a consistent experience. And homework or assignments entered in their school device will appear in their personal device, and vice versa.
- Instantly communicate with all your iPad users via app notifications. Each notification message will have your school’s app logo, so students can tell that it is an important school message.
- Single Sign On (SSO) with Google means that users will be signed in to the app automatically when they sign in to Chrome. This makes it easy for Chromebooks to be shared between students, with separate settings and data for each user.
- Works with touchscreen or keyboard devices.
- Users have the option to opt-in to Web Push Notifications from the school.
Try it out!
Open Google Play on your Chromebook and search for School Connection by Appazur, or go to:
Web App (PWA)
Install the Sunnycrest High App today to see how it works. On your ChromeOS device:
- Browse to: https://sunnycrest.appazur.com
- Click the Web App button.
- At the top right of the address bar, click Install.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install the PWA.
Contact us for access to the App Dashboard to learn how easy it is to update app content.